THE LADIES ANCIENT ORDER OF HIBERNIANS, INC.
LILLIAN E. FAY SCHOLARSHIP
In 2003 the L.A.O.H. and Trinity College in Washington, D.C. signed an agreement to continue the Lillian E. Fay Scholarship with the approved stipulations agreed upon at our National Convention in Connecticut. President Eleonore Grimley, Vice-president Mary T. Leathem, Legal Counsel Patricia Doyle, and Past National President Mary B. Dolan met on 22 January 2003 with Trinity President Patricia McGuire and Anne Pauley, VP of Institutional Advancement.
The stipulations are as follows:
1. A member of the LAOH who attends the College as a full-time student.
2. A member of the LAOH who attends the College as a part-time undergraduate student.
3. A member of the LAOH who attends the College as graduate student.
4. The daughter of an LAOH member. She may attend either full-time or part-time.
5. The granddaughter of an LAOH member. She may attend either full-time or part-time.
6. A practicing Catholic of Irish Decent within 4 generations.
7. A practicing Catholic – immigrant to the USA.
8. A practicing Catholic – child of an immigrant to the USA.
9. A practicing Catholic – descendent of any immigrant to the USA.
All LAOH members involved in the process must be in good standing with the Order. The Scholarship will be awarded each year and Trinity College will be the sole arbitrator.
To visit the website for Trinity College, click here: Trinity College
Notre Dame Hibernian Scholarship
Students who will be attending the University of Notre Dame are encouraged to apply for the Notre Dame Hibernian Scholarship. The scholarship is open to both men and women students who are full time undergraduates attending Notre Dame. Eligible applicants will be those students whose parent is either a member in good standing of the AOH or the LAOH or whom themselves are members in good standing of the AOH or the LAOH. Those interested should follow the standard application procedures for admission and for financial aid consideration of the University as described in its publications and on its website (www.nd.edu) and also submit a letter regarding their Hibernian scholarship eligibility to the Office of Student Financial Services, University of Notre Dame, Main 115 Building, Notre Dame, IN 46556.
To schedule a phone appointment with the financial aid office, please call their office at 574-631-6436. They are available Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (EST).